(The Articles try to answer the basic things for TNPSC Group I & II Interview)
- An interview is a type of “test” where an applicant sits passively and answers questions
- Interviews involve unpredictable questions
- One cannot prepare for an interview; it is best to just “wing-it”
- Interviewers are looking for ways to trap the interviewee
- If you were unable to answer all the questions, you did poorly
TNPSC Interview About
The candidate will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of his/her career. He/she will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate. In broad terms this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also social traits and his interest in current affairs.
Generally state Public service Commission Interview is differs from UPSC and Other Job Interviews. It’s purely based on the candidate information when he applied for it the Questions falls in the following categories
- Self Introduction
- District profile
- Graduation related questions
- Current Issues India/ Tamilnadu
- Department related questions those who are working with govt
- Various post related questions in Group II / I
First thing you should thank the interviewer for shortlisted
Name: am XYZ (say with confidentially)
Place: XYZ (any important things Associated with your Place, if you are from Tiruchy then say am Rock Fort City)
Qualification: say your qualification with major subject if you have higher percentage in your graduation then disclose otherwise just says degree with your college / university name. Awards if any
Experience if you have any work experience whether Govt / private (if you joined post after mains result say it don’t hide). Year of experience with designation.
Family Background: when you talk about your family member first mentioning with number. Start with mentioning your parents then come down to siblings no need to mention their name just the profession or occupation they do. (For example including family consist of four members, my father working as XYZ profession, mother working as XYZ , Sister working as XVYS profession)
Role model: say your role model and justify why you chose him as role model?
Hobby: learn to phrase your hobby with unique way. For example instead of simply saying cycling as your hobby you could phrase it as I like up cycling in the during early morning.
Kindly keep in mind the below things (they may try to make u nervous by asking such simple things)
- Your roll number
- Height / weight /age
- Meaning of your name
- Why you choosing govt job as a career
- Famous personalities related with your hobby
- Questions asked in the mains examination ( they may make nervous you)
What to prepare?
- Prepare from your basic Graduation related questions. (Pick two topics you know very well they may ask)
- District profile
- General statistics (census 2011)
- Recent developments and current affairs
- Social problems
- Current Issues happening in India/Tamilnadu ( will be Given when mock Interview Conducted in IYACHAMY ACADMEY )
- Department related questions those who are working with govt ( for Example any one working with Revenue dept he must know the dept hierarchy and various policies and schemes ) ( will be Given when mock Interview Conducted in IYACHAMY ACADMEY )
- Various post related roles and responsibilities ( Sub register , DCTO , Revenue Inspector like ) ( will be Given when mock Interview Conducted in IYACHAMY ACADMEY )
- Greet the interviewer first
- Wait until you are offered a chair before sitting. Sit upright and always look alert and interested. Be a good listener as well as a good talker. Smile!
- Be confident: the key of a successful interview is confidence.
- Speak clearly and vary your tone to show you are interested and enthusiastic.
- Take time to think about each question before answering so that you can give a good response.
- Listen to questions carefully and let the interviewer lead the conversation. If you don’t understand a question, ask for it to be explained or repeated.
- It’s essential that whichever language you speak in, you should have a good command over the language.
- Speak clearly and concisely, so you express your thoughts in the best way possible.
- Remember to maintain eye contact with the interviewer’s
- Research about various posts before your interview and prepare at least 2-3 questions that you will ask the interviewer about the job/course/organization.
- Practice positive body language.
- Remember not to fidget, stand still and relaxed and while sitting sit casually.
- Take note of the surroundings. Sometimes questions may be just asked to test your observation powers.
- Before the interview practice with a friend/relative and record your answers. You will be able to listen/see where you fumble and where you need to improve.
- Focus on speaking positively and avoiding negativity. This gives a more positive effect of your interview and will more likely get you a positive response.
- Be professional while you speak.
- Be polite and calm. Showing anger is definitely not a good idea.
- Remember to reach the venue early and arrive for the interview on time.
- Wear clean clothes. Your clothes must be well-washed, ironed and without any stains.
- Avoid wearing too tight or too loose clothes.
- Women should preferably wear formal Indian wear to the interview. If you are not comfortable with a sari, a salwar suit would do. Make sure whatever you wear is of a light color. It should be cotton.
- Very little or no make-up is fine.
- Avoid high heels unless you are comfortable walking in them and they don’t make a lot of noise.
- Tie your hair neatly.
- Men should wear light colored formal shirts and dark trousers.
- A neck-tie is ok if you are comfortable.
- Wear formal well-polished shoes with dark socks.
- Avoid expensive and flashy jeweler.
- You can wear a formal watch
Those who want to take classes & mock interview at IYACHAMY Academy Register to 9952521550 or [email protected] with your Name and District and Educational Qualification. After the Mock interview is over the Candidates will get Current affairs and Department related information those who working with government and Qualification related question paper.